Monday 18 October 2010

Tips

A whole lotta running tips. I wish the weather wasn't getting crappy here in London so I could actually put these tips to use. I'm afraid my running days outside are numbered.
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/running-tips-beginners-guide?cm_mmc=Newsletter-_-2010_Oct_18-_-Dose-_-readon

Afternoon snack:
Fage greek yogurt, strawberry slices, goji berries, cacao nibs, almonds, and some organic honey.  I believe wholeheartedly in eating 5 times a day. I was afraid at first that I would gain weight but honestly, I attribute it to how I've managed to stay slim. It's not a fluke people! You don't have to starve yourself to get the body you want. On a good day, my meals typically go like this: Breakfast, Lunch, Snack, Dinner, Dessert.

Dinner:
Baked salmon seasoned w. EVOO, salt, pepper, lemon juice, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Lots of veggies to boot. I normally avoid ordering salmon at restaurants since it's a fish you can make so easily and on the cheap at home. Tasty fish tho.

I found an easy side dish substitute at the grocery store today for my "lazy days".
A couple of minutes in the microwave and you can have steamed brown rice on your plate! I don't normally advocate microwaveable rice but I figure its better than nothing.


Dessert:
Some dark choco and some dates! . I haven't ever considered eating dried fruits other than apricots and cranberries but I think I should start eating more dates. Not only are they small, portable and satisfy my sweet tooth; they are also low in calories and help boost energy levels. Any foods that give me a natural boost are all good in my book!

Bt dubs, my nails are in dire need of a manicure. |Good thing I booked an appointment for tomorrow.
O the joys of being woman :)

My body is so sore and in dire need of lots of rest. I haven't been getting quality sleep since I've been back. I feel like I wake up every hour. Last night for example, I woke up at 3 a.m. and tossed and turned til about 5 a.m. I blame it on the a a a a a...alcohol. no jk! I blame it on the jet lag. Curse you Chicago time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment