Saturday, 23 July 2011

Rudy's Revenge

Korean bbq and Karaoke @ Rudy's Revenge= guaranteed fun times!! I didn't really feel like taking pictures at dinner but it was delicious as always (we revisited Arang restaurant-it's probably my favorite Korean restaurant!)

We had an entire karaoke room and barman to ourselves.. it was pretty sick!

Music is good for the soul <3

After last night's festivities, getting up at 7 a.m. to prepare for an Open House at ION in Richmond was pretty R-O-U-G-H! I pretty much crawled out of bed and into the shower but in the end I'm glad I went. T and I sat through a 1 1/2 hour presentation about the 3 year Nutritional Therapy program. ION's diploma program is accredited by the Nutritional Therapy Council and is also recognized by BANT (British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy. The program is part time and I'll be attending once a month lectures and seminars along with clinical training sessions. The open house was informative but it also solidified what I already knew from my own research. If I decide to do it, I won't be starting the course until next year because I'll have to complete their science access courses (Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology-YIKES!!!!) since I haven't done a science course since high school. I'm about 70% sure I'll be doing the course but I'm leaving the 30% to doubt about whether I should go back to school and become a Dietician rather than being an NT but that's a whole other story.

After the long morning, we stopped by One Kew Road restaurant for lunch. It looked promising aka nice decor, had numerous patrons but we were pretty meh on the food (except the starter).
We started with a platter of rustic breads, olive oil w. balsamic, olives, and roasted garlic. Yum! I love roasted garlic, I can literally pop them whole in my mouth, ha! Among a slew of positive health benefits, Garlic is also known to be an immunity booster. Gotta love it-- just don't plan on kissing anyone that day ;)
T had the roasted chicken w. chips
I had the prawn, crab, and chorizo linguine- the pasta was bland and the noodles slimy. In fact, T made the bold statement "I can make a better pasta with a blindfold on!". Those are some fighting words dude but I may have to agree with him :P

Agenda: Lahore Kabob house