Tuesday 17 August 2010

Yesterday

Breakfast:


Wholewheat toast with organic peanut butter and banana slices. My coffee looks gross! My oat "milk" turned it into a not so appetizing color. Still tasted like coffee though! I sort of miss skim milk. I'm not sure why I'm not drinking it because lord knows I'm not lactose intolerant. :P

Workout: Body conditioning class focusing on the legs and tummy 

Today-
Quick snack to power me through my run was a banana with a big schmear of peanut butter. Mmmm..

Damn London rain interupted my run this morning. Thankfully I was able to turn around right as I did or I would have been more soaked than I am. I probably did about 3 miles or so. Running is such a good mind and body cleanser. I love how running helps me process my thoughts and gives me time to reflect on everything that is going on in my life.

I am also now a firm believer that running helps tone your body. My trouble area has always been my stomach.Whenever I eat or drink too much junk, the belly is the first one to get noticeably bigger. Running has helped so much in this area and I think my stomach is the flattest it has ever been in my lifetime. Not only does it tone me up, it also encourages me to eat properly since I don't want to fuel my body with junk while I'm running. I'm thinking about doing a 5 or 10k run sometime in the near future. This may not seem like a lot but it is for me since I have never done either of those. 

Now with a clear head and on a runners high, I'm off to Zumba! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment