Sunday 19 December 2010

A space invader has landed!

We spotted a space invader in London!!
Dinner @ Koba http://www.koba-london.com/
Soju and Hite beer
Seafood pancake. This was probably the best pajun I've had in London. It was crispy on the outside and warm and perfectly doughy on the inside. There were generous portions of squid, mussels, shrimp, and scallions. Yuuum!!
An assortment of kimchi's. My favorite is the pickeled radish on the right. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the crunch. :)
Soondubuchigae. Apparently Koba has a reputation of having the best in town. Amaaazing!! It definitely didn't disappoint.
Bbq Kalbi. Although the portion was SUPER small, the meat was delicious and extremely flavorful!
Everything was gone within seconds.

Bibimbap- hot stone bowl w. beef and veggies. There was a good ratio of meat to veggies and the sesame oil really made the dish.

Overall, I would say that Koba is the best Korean food I've had thus far but I didn't like
a.) unfriendly service b.) portions too small c.) everything was extra
I probably would go back but not anytime in the near future.

Christmas party
Lots of food and champagne to go around.

The hostess did a great job of making the baklava herself.
Smoked salmon platter
I love Christmas cookies!! Blergh. Major. Sugar. High.
One of the cookies was a replica of this plant made out of cornflakes.
You see where my priorities are of taking pictures of actual people vs. food. :P This was the only one I took. Here is Jon reading T'was the night before Christmas.

This gives me the warm fuzzies!
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/18/senate.dadt/index.html?hpt=T2

No comments:

Post a Comment