Thursday 28 October 2010

Back to Basics

Workout today
3 sets of 15 reps for each exercise
a.) Two arm row
b.) Incline dumbbell press

a.) Seated low pulley row
b.) Push up

a.) Wide grip pull down
b.) Chest press machine

a.) Upright row
b.) Calf raises on leg press machine

Post workout smoothie:
Things did not turn out exactly the way I had envisioned.
Into the vitamix:
  • scoop of protein powder
  • handful of Spinach (bad choice since I already put in a scoop of Life's Greens. There's only so much greenery needed!
  • Half a banana
  • Coconut pieces
  • frozen berries and handful of fresh strawberries
  • ice
  • water
  • soy milk

I'm not sure if the peel of the coconut is what made it taste grainy
I ended up with WAY more than I needed. Plus, it tasted too grainy and "healthy". I'll use less ingredients next time. Guess I got a little too greedy.

Lunch:
Another Food Network personality Ina Garten. She's the cat's meow
I decided to do things a bit backwards today and have dinner for lunch. Not a bad idea.
I made a modified version of this recipe.
my potato has spots!
Simple ingredients: EVOO, salt, pepper, and garlic
Roasted potatoes, sweet potato, and carrots.
Mincing garlic is my least favorite part of this whole process.
Thankfully we had this on hand from our party last Saturday. Guess what's also included in the Antipasti Selection!?
I might have snuck in a piece just to make sure it tasted aiight
Prosciutto!! Just what the recipe calls for :) Is it my lucky day or what!
Into the roasting oven for 15 mins
Rosemary lemon butter melted on top

The prosciutto turned crispy and provided a nice salty contrast to the flakiness of the fish
Very simple yet delicious. You can really enjoy the taste of the vegetables because you don't overdue it on the seasonings. Yum. I'll be roasting more vegetables in the future.

Dessert:
And I seriously wonder why I'm not a size 4

No comments:

Post a Comment