Friday 10 September 2010

White rice expansion in my belly

As much as I love Chirashi, all that white rice underneath makes me feel bloated and uncomfortable. Why not sashimi you ask? Well I like rice with my fish. One day I'll strike a good balance of eating until I'm satisfied.

I should have taken a picture of my mother eating the shrimp heads. Gross. My brother and I both passed. They should be labeled garnishes.
Land of the huge MAKI's! The one closest is the Dragon Roll with unagi, avocado, and tamago. The further one is the Osaka roll with tuna, crab meat, cucumber, avocado, and shrimp tempura.

Unpictured: bowl of Ramen in a beef broth with mushrooms

Breakfast this morning before my 4+ mile run:
That would be pumpkin, greek yogurt, pecans, and sliced almonds. Holy moly. So sweet and delicious.

I'm going to try my first Zumba class here in Rockford. I signed up at an all women's gym for the month I'm here. So far, not bad. The gym has all the equipment I need and there is something refreshing about no oogling beef cakey men near you. I have this weird feeling though that Zumba is going to be a bunch of old ladies but I keep repeating to myself "open mind, have an open mind".

Mom- "let's take a picture!!"
Hanna- "FINE, HURRY!!" thinking to myself seriously? we're in a parking lot.

Song of the day: "Summer Girls"- LFO (RIP Rich Cronin, you defined a part of my teenage generation) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment