Tuesday 24 August 2010

Kale chips!

All you need is: Kale
I couldn't find any kale leaves through our grocery delivery system so I had to use this curly kale. I think the only difference is that with kale leaves, you would have bigger chips but with this you get lil baby chips!
Give your kale a good massage with EVOO. I used a tablespoon of it.
Sprinkle with salt!

Pop in oven at 200 degree C for 10-12 minutes. Make sure not to burn them or else they will be VERY bitter! They turn out crispy and delicious. If you are in the mood for a healthy, crunchy, and salty treat; kale chips are the snack for you.

My lunch:
My favorite healthy lunch I've had in a while. Leftover chicken breast from yesterday, kale chips, and a microwaved sweet potaters with greek yogurt, cinnamon and agave syrup on top. It was soooo good!

Dessert is a few squares of dark chocolate with some green tea and guilty pleasure Real Housewives of NJ
Dark chocolate was an acquired taste for me. I had to keep eating it before I actually started to like it.



Song of the day: Big & Rich "Save a Horse (Ride a Cowboy)". I need a cowboy hat and some boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment