Tuesday 11 October 2011

Boo!

Since T had a boys night out Saturday night, we decided to take a chill day on Sunday. Lunch was Charlie Bigham's cottage pie (steak, mash potatoes, and veggies) and I made some sauteed zucchini on the side.
I don't mind lounging around since it gives me time to catch up on episodes of Jersey Shore study hard!
I've had a recent hankering for spicy food so we ordered takeway from Merkato for dinner.
We ordered the deluxe platter that came with chicken, lamb, and an assortment of veggies. Everything was really delicious as always :-)
I have no idea what this mystery sauce is made of but it contains a chicken leg and a whole egg inside. You dip your injera bread into it and boy is it delicious!
Blergh.. Note to self: stop once comfortably full! I was beyond stuffed at the end of the meal that I just felt the food sort of sitting on top of one another. :( Not a good feeling!
I love the different colors on top of the Injera bread. Ethiopian food has definitely crept up on my list of favorite foods.

Breakfast Monday morn:

Study study study.. .then Lunch!
I made myself a salad and pizza. I'm not on the healthiest diet lately but I'm eating what I feel like and making sure I get enough veggies and fruit throughout the day.
after lunch, I studied some more and SHOCKER: I made it to the gym for my Punch class!!

Dinner last night was super tasty and ready in a cinch.
I sauteed some bok choy and mushrooms in some minced garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and siracha.
the protein portion on our plate came from a ready made duck confit seasoned with orange zest, garlic, salt, and pepper. It came out of the oven with a nice, crispy skin on top and was juicy and tender on the inside. YUM!
After dinner, we did some Halloween decorating. We bought some of our decorations from John Lewis when we were out shopping a few weekends back. We've put it off for so long but with only 3 weeks til Halloween, we decided it's finally time! We don't have too much stuff but I figured something is better than nothing. We plan on adding more to our collection in the years to come.
how cute is this halloween turkey!!


Breakfast was more scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.

No comments:

Post a Comment