Wednesday 5 January 2011

Hanna Supermarket

Farewell lunch for my mom and bro. They leave tomorrow morning and I have a quiet house once again. :)
http://www.bertorelli.co.uk/
We met T for lunch at Bertorelli on Fetter Lane.
More BREAD! Poor waitress had to cut us more bread for a second basket.
The olive oil here wasn't anything special but the breads were tasty!
Olive oil, balsamic, salt, and peppa. The perfect bread dipping combination.
Burratta Pugliese- fresh, creamy mozzerella cheese, basil, and tomato with a drizzle of olive oil. 
Simple, clean, delicious.
Calamari with tartar sauce to dip. I miss dipping my calamari with marinara sauce!!
Ravioli stuffed with spinach, ricotta, parmesan, and sage butter.
Pasta ala vongole aka clams.
Seabass fillets with potatoes
My pasta stuffed with cheese, crab, and lobster with rocket leaves on top. All the food here was decent. Nothing that provided the wow factor but everything was good standard Italian food.
We found a Korean supermarket on the internet but much to our dismay, it was shut down. Major F.A.I.L! Let's hope this isn't indicative of Hanna's life.

Dinner was Indian takeout for uno.
http://www.just-eat.co.uk/restaurants-new-didar-tandoori
I meant to order the Chicken Tikka Masala but I realized when the food came that I had just mentioned Chicken Tikka on the phone and this is what I got! At least it was a bit healthier without the creamy (yummy) sauce.
Spinach and cheese mixture. I was hoping to dip my naan in the masala sauce but since I didn't order it, this proved to be a good substitute.
Pilau rice
I scarfed everything down like it was my job.
Garlic naan- this could have definitely used more garlic. It just tasted like regular bread. 

Song of the day: Carrie Underwood "Starts with Goodbye"

No comments:

Post a Comment