Wednesday 4 August 2010

snack attack


These cookies are Doves Farm Organic cookies. The one on the left is chocolate chip with dark chocolate chips (with Green & Black choco spread on top). The one on the right is a Ginger and Brazil Nut cookie. All washed down with some provamel soya milk.

Now please keep an open mind before I tell you that these are actually vegan cookies. They are made without gluten, wheat, milk, salt, buckwheat, soya, nuts, eggs or hydrogenated fat. Aside from not having the soft cookie texture, these cookies are EXCELLENT! I was so pleasantly surprised when I tried them for the first time yesterday. I picked them up on a whim at our local organic health store down the road. I am not a vegan but I do like trying new items so I would definitely get these again. The ginger one especially has a spicy kick to it.

I'm actually very happy with myself nowaways with my dessert palate. I had lost my love of desserts for about a year but I'm slowly developing my passion for everything sweet again, which could be a good or bad thing. Everything in moderation right!?

Random song of the day: Johnny Cash "Hurt"

No comments:

Post a Comment