Tuesday 16 August 2011

Gluten=Brain fog?

I made T & I a quick and easy dinner last night. We had oven roasted seabass- 2 seabass filets seasoned with
  • fresh minced garlic
  • salt
  • pepper 
  • soy sauce
Fish literally cooks for 10 minutes in the oven and it is so healthy and delicious!
Yummy.. I love the flavor cooked garlic imparts on fish.
some brown rice and sauteed mushrooms and asparagus as sides

A little True Blood and Sonoma cuddles action
I was NOT feeling the most recent TB episode this past Sunday. I'm getting a little sick of the Sookie/Eric storyline!!
Feelings mutual..

I woke up this morning and tackled some Zumba routines. Lunch was a bit more of the same as yesterday but with some minor adjustments.
whole wheat tortilla filled with
  • spicy refried beans
  • 1/2 an avocado (spread on two tortillas)
  • light sprinkle of mature cheddar cheese
  • siracha sauce
with some sauteed mushrooms and red onions, roasted Mediterranean Waitrose pasta.

So, I had a crazy thought this afternoon about maybe going gluten free for a while. After eating lunch, I felt as if I had this cloud in my head and I couldn't think straight. I then simply had this idea that maybe it was due to what I had eaten just hours before. I had pasta AND whole wheat tortillas. Don't ask me why I thought immediately- too much gluten! So, with this thought, I googled and I found numerous articles on the impact gluten has on the brain. I might be on to something here: I'm going to research further before I decide to make any huge dietary leaps..
http://www.drlwilson.com/articles/brain_fog.htm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-david-perlmutter-md/gluten-impacts-the-brain_b_785901.html
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/gluten-brain_connection_.html

No comments:

Post a Comment