Monday 25 October 2010

Get yo soup on

Did you know you can make piping HOT soup in the Vitamix?

Sweet potater soup:
1 baked sweet potato (I just popped it into the microwave for 4 minutes) and 1 tomato (the recipe called for a roma tomato but I just used what we had- a beefsteak tomato)
 1 medium carrot
1/2 of a large apple
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1 vegetable bouillon cube
1 1/2 cups of water

Blend for 5 minutes and VOILA!
It was a bit tooo tomatoey for my taste so next time I'll use a smaller tomato. 
My crackers are a bit of a mess today. I tried spreading the laughing cow cheese but my hands couldn't stop shaking so all the crackers fell apart! 

Baking sesh:
http://eatliverun.com/cinnamon-toast-muffins/

Stirring w. whatever works. I like to forgo traditional baking techniques :P
Mixing wet ingredients separately from dry

Still haven't gotten the oven timing down.
The muffins were a taaaaad overdone but that's just my style isn't it. One of these days I'll get it down.

Did some laundry today while waiting for my muffins to rise. Where do all the lonely socks go?
Sock heaven of course!
Next on the agenda:
Prepare butternut squash for the first time for dinner. When growing up, I always thought of these things as fall decoration. Such an interestingly shaped vegetable wouldn't ya say..

No comments:

Post a Comment