Sunday 8 August 2010

Healthy eating

Pre run snack:







Wholewheat toast with organic, no sugar added peanut butter.

After run glow?

I want to talk briefly about what healthy eating has done for me. Ever since I adopted a daily workout routine, I naturally became more interested in healthy eating. I can tell you that ever since doing this, I no longer have daily cravings for sweets or fatty foods. My former co workers can probably attest to the fact that I was always eating the worst things for me, whether it be McDonalds for breakfast, brownies at lunch, or mindlessly snacking on greasy chips. Those days are a thing of the past now. No, I'm not perfect and I do indulge from time to time but when I do, I no longer feel guilty about it because I go back to eating healthy for the next meal. I practice habits that many health nuts recommend, such as if I'm going to pig out on for dinner, I work out hard the morning of and eat light for lunch. If I'm eating a burger, I'll take off the top or bottom bun to minimize my calorie intake.

These days, I feel more energized than ever. Adopting healthier habits leave me with a strong desire to eliminate bad ones such as soda and the occasional cigarette. My body has developed an internal clock that gets me up around the same time every morning. I no longer have to drudge myself out of bed and force myself to the gym. I actually get excitement out of doing it. To make a long story short, my habits have gotten me more fit than I've ever been in my entire life. It has also developed my desire to become a personal trainer and perhaps a nutrition coach. If I can feel this good about myself, I must try and pass along my good fortune. If I can do it, anyone can do it! :)

Song of the day:  Keith Urban "If ever I could love"
Did I tell you how much I love country these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment